Estonia has a visa program for startup founders. This visa is intended for those who are not a member of the European Union, but at the same time want to join the startup community in Europe. The program allows citizens of countries outside the European Union to work for Estonian startups, transport existing startups to the country or open new ones here.
A startup visa is one of the most important steps taken by the Estonian state to support and develop the IT sector.
The Estonian tax system provides incentives for entrepreneurs to invest in the development of their business: in Estonia, corporate income tax is 0% (until the distribution of profits).
In addition, you can manage your company online using your e-Resident card from anywhere in the world.
Read more in our article "Managing business 100% online
". Requirements for obtaining a Startup visa:
- you have an innovative business project in the field of modern technologies with the prospect of global growth;
- You are ready to spend at least 160 euros monthly in Estonia (1920 euros per year).
Additionally, you must obtain approval from the Official Commission, which will consider your application within the framework of the current program, which reviews your application (within 10 days). If you do not have a company in Estonia yet, you can apply for:
• long-term Startup visa (up to 12 months);
• short-term Startup visa (up to 3 months). If you have a company in Estonia, you can also apply for:
• Startup visa (short or long term);
• temporary residence permit (up to 5 years).
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact